Aim: To identify EDCs in products and add discovered EDCs to RSL list.
If there is need to increase the identification scope, the current status of identified EDCs, as well as EDCs being evaluated within the EU, can be found here.
Use the following sources to find out whether your product or supply chain contain EDCs:
- Full material disclosure (FMD)
- Request FMD from suppliers
- Compositional analysis data (chemical analysis)
- Request compositional analysis data from suppliers
- Obtain supplier declaration or product chemical content information from suppliers
As a last resort, you can perform chemical analysis. Since chemical tests are expensive, you might want to do some prework in investigating what kind of EDCs you can expect to find in a specific product or material. Knowing the use and function of the EDCs can help you here. This is also described in the next step.