Aim: Determine function of EDC and if it is essential for the product
- Scope: Understand function of the EDC in the relevant product and process.
- Criteria: Decide which physical and functional properties the replacement must have in order to match all functions within the scope.
Use the following questions to determine function:
- What properties and function does the substance provide?
- In what materials do we need those properties?
- In what products do we have such materials?
- Who supplies them?
- Is the function necessary for the product or process?
- Is it a contaminant or by-product?