– Working to reduce hazardous chemicals in society
ChemSec aims to expand the business advisory team and we need you who can help us develop our work within Circular Economy to take a more active part in the pan-European discussion regarding the importance of phasing out hazardous chemicals! This is an opportunity to work with recognized brands like H&M, Stadium, Coop, Max Hamburgers and Lyko and to add several more to this list.
We could have called for a sales & marketing specialist, but we believe we have both a broader and more demanding challenge here than just spreading the word. We make an impact.
The business advisory team’s main focus…
is expanding partnerships with the continuously growing number of companies and organizations that engage with ChemSec. We want to push companies to be better and more concrete in their sustainability work, especially when it comes to toxic chemicals in everyday products. But we do not only want them to recognize the health- and environmental problems in the use of hazardous chemicals, we also want them to publicly support our work to influence policy makers to regulate toxic chemicals, and on the chemical industry to invest in innovation to develop safer alternatives. You will play an important role in convincing new, and old, partner companies to support ChemSec and our core mission!
Important parts of your role will be…
- reach out to the companies that already recognized the need of business support for change as well as those yet to be enlightened to create engagement.
- crunching our data, making sure we target the right audience, make better decisions and grow our business
- develop an omnichannel marketing strategy to secure both online and offline engagement
- handle channels such as social media and you will plan and execute events, webinars and campaigns for ongoing projects
- an understanding of the challenges connected to sustainable production and consumption within a business context. Knowledge of the role that chemicals play in sustainability is advantageous, as is more advanced experience from working in the areas in which we operate, such NGO-frameworks or EU politics.
- a proven track record from roles with responsibility for business development, sales & marketing or data driven lead generation.
- an academic degree within sustainability, marketing or equivalent experience.
- a high English proficiency both written and oral. Any additional language skills would be an advantage.
- taken a close look at our website and understood that we are not a company, but a mission driven non-profit organization and that it’s important that your values align with ours.
hat is the strict list of requirements. But more important to us is who you are and that you support our cause. We are a small, dynamic team of experts from different areas, including chemicals, toxicology, policy, finance and communication. Therefore, we rely on teamwork and the ability to adapt our skills according to the situation. You need to do the same.
To succeed in this role and to enjoy working at ChemSec we believe you have one foot within private sector businesses, but also a strong wish to work with something that can make the world a little bit better. You have a strategic and analytical way to take on your responsibilities and at the same time you pick up speed and energy in networking and making new contacts. You get shit done!
Details about the position and how to apply
- Permanent full-time position, fixed monthly salary.
- To start as soon as possible.
- Location: Gothenburg, however if you are the right person for ChemSec other options are possible.
- If you have any questions, please contact Anne-Sofie Bäckar at +46 730 41 6622.
- Please send your cover letter and CV to Janice Quitz at Janice.email@example.com before 9 February. Write “Application” in the subject field.